Ohhhhh Yea This Is My Favorite.......
I’m originally from New York and let me tell you that we had THE best fried rice! Like ever! But food quality and standards have changed a great deal since then and we know that cooking at home is a much healthier option. The more you get in the kitchen and have fun with it, the more you can’t live without the experience.
It’s a bit of a process sometimes coming up with something new but what I have found with plants is that the sky is the limit with combinations. It’s trial-and-error and sometimes you have to make a recipe multiple times before you get it the way you like it but it’s worth it I promise.
There is an amazing little market near us and close enough that I can frequent their beautiful produce department. Every time I go it’s an entirely new experience! This last time of course, I was drawn to the pineapple section. I know it sounds silly but you can really be inspired by produce lol It’s totally meant to be a fun outing but also, think about what you are doing for yourself on your wellness journey!
The benefits of a whole food, plant-based lifestyle are the dense nutrients and antioxidants that we need to maintain homeostasis in our gut and prevent disease. So with that being said, this recipe is packed with all the benefits and feels but without the guilt.
- PINEAPPLE ~ great source of fiber, vitamin C, potassium. Contains bromelain which is a powerful digestive enzymes that breaks down protein.
- PEAS ~ great source of fiber and protein. Rich in Vitamin K.
- RED ONION ~ great source of quercetin & flavonoids.
- RICE ~ great source of fiber and essential vitamins.
Plants rock!!! We can change our wellness course by adding more of these beautiful elements. Strive to incorporate a diversity of at least 30 plants per week.
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups red onion
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 2 cups petite frozen peas
- 2 cups basmati rice -cooked
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- chop the onion and pineapple
- in a saute pan on medium heat add the red onion
- saute for 3-5 minutes then add the peas
- saute for another 3 minutes then add rice and mix
- add pineapple and mix then turn off heat
- in a small mixing bowl combine tamari, broth, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, chili paste, garlic and ginger
- add sauce to rice and combine thoroughly
Please please make sure that you are using pots and pans that are eco-friendly and free from chemcals. I LOVE LOVE these beautiful pots and pans from Green Pan. Check them out and remember it’s not just about what we eat but also being mindful of the toxins in our home. We absorb toxins through household products which can disrupt the balance of essential bacteria as well as estrogen. Put yourself first and please come back. I’m honored to share my recipes as well as lifestyle and nutrition tips with you.
Check out my favorite Summer Pasta dish!