Sometimes you’re craving so many delicious ingredients that you just decide to throw it all together! I’m in love with the flavor of these cookies but what I love even more is that it gives you a variety of healthy plants without the added processed sugar, gluten or dairy. It’s the perfect combination if you ask me!
Sometimes it’s just serious trial and error until you get a recipe just the way you like it and even then, it may not appeal to everyone, but if it appeals to you then I say go for it and indulge!
Another great thing is that you can adjust the ingredients to your liking. One thing I want to mention is when you are cooking or baking, always remember that every oven is different and sometimes temperatures can vary. My husband and I just got a beautiful new Breville Smart Oven and it does it all! We absolutely love it and rarely use our conventional oven. I’m learning that with a smart oven you have to get used to all the exciting settings, for example, this one can be used as a regular oven or you can use the convection option. Just keep in mind that with convection it cooks faster especially at temperatures that you are used to so you may have to lower the temperature and adjust recipes that you would normally bake in a conventional oven. One more thing, I am so late joining the air fryer movement but I have to tell you that we are obsessed! I love the convenience of being able to air fry food in such a quick manner without the negative affects of traditional frying oils. Not all oils are bad, I mean I love avocado and coconut oil not to mention olive oil!
Ingredients + Directions
- 2 cups whole rolled oats gluten free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 3 bananas ripened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil cold pressed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- in a medium bowl add dry ingredients
- in a separate bowl add bananas and mash then wet ingredients
- add wet to dry and mix well
- place bowl in frig for 30 minutes
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- use heaping tsp of mix and place on cookie sheet
- bake for 12-14 minutes depending on oven
- remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack
Comments are closed.