DID SOMEONE SAY BROWNIES....
Holy cow these are the best things EVER!! Who says plant-based can’t be delish!!! We’ve been so conditioned to believing that eating healthy doesn’t include yumminess but that couldn’t be further from the truth ya’ll. So here’s the thing, you have to experiment or get on pinterest or youtube because there are soooo many amazing recipes out there. No excuses as to why you can’t eat healthier!
One of the most nutrient dense plants on the planet is the glorious sweet potato. I can eat them any day of the week! What do I mean by nutrient dense? Nutrient dense just means having a very high nutritional content in relation to it’s weight. It’s safe to say that sweet potatoes are packed with essential benefits and should be at the top of your list!
- high in fiber
- boosts immunity
- high in beta
- cancer fighting
- boosts energy
Who’s is not dazzled by chocolate chips?!! Am I right? Luckily there are tasty options when it comes to vegan chocolate chips so stop making that face lol I promise these are delish. You can also go with Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips as well. I use them quite often. Now, I’m not one for long, drawn-out blog posts so let’s get right to the recipe
Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease 9 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil
- in a bowl mash both sweet potatoes
- add vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil & coconut milk
- mix thoroughly
- in a separate bowl add gluten free flour
- to the flour add cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon & sea salt
- add dry ingredients to sweet potato mix and mix thoroughly
- add chocolate chips and mix
- pour mix into greased baking dish
- top with more chocolate chips
- bake for 45-50 minutes depending on your oven
- allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving