I had no idea just how delish tangelos were! Much to my surprise, I went into Fresh Market one day and there they were. Just starting at me! I was so intrigued that I had to indulge.
This combination of sweet red onion, tangelos and fresh picked basil with for sure dazzle your taste buds!
If you have not met the tangelo then you are in for a real treat! This magical fruit is a beautiful marriage between the grapefruit and the tangerine. It definitely adds magic to any meal.
Tangelo & Red Onion Salad
- 2 tangelo oranges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbs citrus champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- peel tangelos then cut in half, then in half again, then cut 1/8 inch slices
- toss in bowl with sliced red onion
- add vinegar and olive oil then toss and serve!
Would LOVE to hear from you if you try this recipe and as always, know that I am truly grateful for you. Sharing what I do and what I love is an honor.
Peace and Abundance…..