UM YES PLEASE!!! The hubby and I LOVE homemade salsa. I will go ahead and give him props for his homemade pineapple-mango, habanero salsa but for roasted, I proudly claim it!!
Now that we are full speed ahead into local veggie season we can dive into those yummy recipes that we all love. Who doesn’t love salsa!!
This salsa is simple and easy to make. I am obsessed with my new baking sheets from Caraway Home. They are eco-friendly, non- toxic and ceramic. I’ve tried numerous brands and their cookware and bakeware are by far the absolute best!
- Cutting Board
- Baking sheet
- Food processor
- lime juice
- 8-10 plum tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/3 limes
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- preheat oven to 400
- cut tomatoes in half and place on sheet pan
- peel and cut both onions into quarters and place on sheet pan
- peel 3 cloves of garlic and place on sheet pan
- cut jalapeño in half and seed if desired then place on sheet pan
- lightly drizzle veggies with avocado oil
- lightly season with sea salt or garlic salt
- place sheet pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until desired caramelization
- remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- remove skins from tomatoes if desired
- place all veggies in food processor
- add cilantro, lime juice and seasoning to processor
- pulse or use low speed to blend and incorporate but not puree
- serve and enjoy
Cheers to simple and delicious and cheers to you!! Keep me posted and let me know in the comments if you try the recipe.
Peace & abundance…. Jen