Let me just say that I’m actually not a big fan of cauliflower. Yep that is correct! But when you add taco seasoning and all the toppings, your mind will be blown not to mention your taste buds! For me it’s about getting that crunchy edge to the cauliflower. It really takes it to another flavor dimension.
- gluten free corn tortillas
- 1 can organic refried pinto beans
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- pico de gallo (homemade or store bought – I love Trader Joe’s or Sprouts)
- lettuce of choice
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 packet organic taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa verde ( I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Kite Hill almond milk yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs of water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- place tortillas on a cookie sheet and baked for 3-5 minutes on 350 then remove from oven and transfer to dish
- cut cauliflower into desired pieces and place in bowl then coat with taco seasoning and salt
- line baking sheet with cauliflower pieces and place in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes
- chop lettuce and put aside
- put refried beans in a bowl and heat for 2 minutes
- in vitamix or blender, add crema ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water if prefer thinner crema
- when cauliflower is to your desired cook remove from oven
- for assembly, layer refried beans on tostada shells then add cauliflower, lettuce, pico and crema. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Vitamix Blending Bowl ~ https://amzn.to/3HKFQq4
Breville Smart Oven ~ https://amzn.to/3kWQ3q6
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please let me know if you try it and what you think!! Subscribe below and stick around for more lifestyle tips and recipes to come!
Comments are closed.