Ok lovies you are going to fall head-over-heels in love with these plant-based, stuffed peppers!! Is your mouth watering yet?!! If you’re new to plant-based eating then newsflash, it’s simple, flavorful and nutrient dense!
I’m absolutely loving being in the kitchen and sharing more recipes with you guys. Just a reminder, you don’t need a big fancy kitchen – which I do not have – or a big budget to eat healthier. I’m just honored that I can share my journey and these amazing recipes with YOU!
I know just how overwhelming it can be when starting something new. It’s so important to take it one step at a time and even one recipe at a time until you get into the swing of things! This recipe is a great place to start and don’t forget to check out my Homemade Sauce Recipe!
- 3 peppers – yellow, orange, red
- 2 cups rice of choice cooked but firm
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 1/2-2 medium zucchini chopped small
- 2 cups homemade sauce
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Large baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saute pan on medium-high heat add a little bit of water and saute the chopped onions for 3-5 minutes then add garlic and zucchini and saute for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add veggies to a bowl
- Add in rice and 1 cup of sauce and mix
- Cut peppers in half vertically then remove stem and seeds and place in baking dish
- spoon in veggie mix to each half then place baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes
- remove from oven and ladle remaining sauce over each pepper
- raise oven temp to 375 then put peppers back in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until peppers are cooked through (do not overcook or rice will be mushy. Yuck!)
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes then serve!
Check out my favorite cookware and baking dishes:
Caraway Home Cookware ~https://caraway-home.pxf.io/5b0dO1lifewithjen
Le Creuset Baking Dish ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYXOSWM/?ref=idea_dp_
Comments are closed.