Growing up Italian meant having pasta at least once a week. Some of my favorite memories were our Sunday dinners with an amazing Italian spread and extended family.
But now at 52, I really enjoy plant-based options this sauce option will not only satisfy your taste buds but give you all the feels of an Italian meal! This is totally inspired by my mom as she occasionally made it with zucchini and onions!
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- fresh basil about 1/4 cup
- 4 small zucchini chopped
- 3 large cans pureed tomatoes
- 1 tube organic tomato puree
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp organic sugar
- 2-4 tbs veggie broth
- rice pasta
- in a medium-large pot over medium heat add broth and chopped onions, sauté for 5-7 minutes
- add garlic and zucchini and sauté for another 5-7 minutes
- add tomato puree, seasonings, basil and sugar
- stir and allow to come to a slow boil on medium low heat
- add tube of tomato puree and stir
- cook on low heat for at least 1 hour
- serve over pasta + enjoy!
Comments are closed.