As summer quickly approaches, there’s nothing quite like a refreshing and delicious salad to cool you off. If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy option, this tomato cucumber salad with fresh basil is your go-to! Not only is it bursting with flavor, but it’s also quick and easy to make.
- 1 organic English cucumber cut into bite size pieces
- 4-6 organic roma tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by soaking tomatoes in vinegar water to remove dirt and pesticides
- Peel cucumber then cut into bite size pieces then add to medium mixing bowl
Rinse and cut tomatoes into bite size pieces then add to bowl
Slice onion very thin then add to bowl
Add the chopped fresh basil leaves to the mixing bowl and toss gently.
in a small mixing bowl add vinegar, maple syrup and seasonings then stir and add to salad
Toss the salad gently once again, ensuring that all the ingredients are well combined.
Serve & enjoy!
- For a little more pizzaz add some crumbled feta cheese.
- If you don’t have fresh basil leaves on hand, you can substitute dried basil. However, fresh basil leaves provide a much more intense and flavorful taste.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I hope you try this delicious recipe and if so, leave me a comment and let me know what you think! If you’re looking for more recipes and tips to help you lead a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle, I would love for you to subscribe to my blog. You’ll receive regular updates on new recipes, tips, and tricks to help you achieve your health and wellness goals.