This is the best banana nut bread you will ever eat! Joanna Gaines knows her stuff! It’s rich and cakey! Do yourselves a favor a make this now!
8 TBSP (or 1 stick) salted butter, melted and cooled (I used unsalted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or chocolate chips
1-2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla with the paddle attachment until well blended. (You can also do this with an electric mixer.) Add the bananas until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat just until combined. Add the chocolate chips or pecans and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Let the bread cool slightly in the pan on a rack. Slice and serve warm with butter.